Ultimate Sand Cay Experience
- Duration: 150 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Cairns, QLD
- Product code: USC30
Minimum 2 people required
The UNESCO-listed Great Barrier Reef is one of the world's natural wonders and a big draw for tourists. This helicopter tour offers the rare experience of feeling like you have it to yourself by transporting you to a secluded sand cay. Enjoy views of Green Island and Arlington Reef on your way to the cay where your pilot sets up sun loungers and snorkelling equipment for you to use during your free time ashore. Afterwards, you return back over the reef to Cairns. Includes hotel pickup and drop-off.
Please note: Sand Cay landing is subject to sand cay availability. Vlasoff Cay is a public sand cay and a very popular spot, especially during the weekends and holiday periods. If there is another helicopter, boat or people on the cay we cannot land. A landing on the cay is not possible with tides exceeding 2.2m and thus subject to tides on the day. In the event the sand cay is occupied, we fly to an alternative secluded beach nearby.
- 30 minute scenic reef flight
- 2 hours on the sand cay
- Gourmet picnic including refreshments
- Snorkelling equipment
- Beach chairs and umbrellas
- Return transfers from your Cairns/Northern Beaches accommodation
- In-flight commentary from your expert pilot
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers. One infant under the age of 3 may travel on the lap of an adult free of charge.
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, all passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking. Weight variance advised at time of booking greater than 10% may incur 100% cancellation fee.
- This experience is dependent on good weather. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be offered a flight on a different date or a full refund.