Chillagoe Caves - Outback of Cairns
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Cairns, QLD
- Product code: OBC120
Minimum 4 people required
While many travellers know that Cairns is the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, travellers may not be aware that the outback is also very close to both Cairns and Port Douglas.“Out Back of Cairns” takes you west of Cairns, soaring across the Great Dividing Range and over a changing landscape before landing at the Chillagoe Caves. The limestone in the caves was deposited as calcareous mud and coral reefs 400 million years ago on the bed of shallow sea where Chillagoe is located today. Who would have thought that the Great Barrier Reef was in the Outback? Heading back towards the coast we will pass over majestic Mt Mulligan which is reported to be twice the size of Uluru. We continue back to the coast before tracking back to Cairns or Port Douglas and your accommodation.
- Scenic flight over the Atherton Tablelands, Great Dividing Range, QLD Outback, Mt Mulligan and Chillagoe
- Chillagoe Caves Tour and Chillagoe Hub Information Centre
- Morning tea, lunch and refreshments
- Return transfers from your Cairns/Northern Beaches accommodation
- In-flight commentary from your expert pilot
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers. One infant under the age of 3 may travel on the lap of an adult free of charge.
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, all passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking. Weight variance advised at time of booking greater than 10% may incur 100% cancellation fee.
- This experience is dependent on good weather. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be offered a flight on a different date or a full refund.